Sunday, August 8, 2010

Birthday Present

Ok so I’m a little late with this post…it really shouldn’t surprise anyone. I went to a staff crop at Scrap Arts on Friday night and started work on a project for my husband’s birthday present. It took a lot longer to finish than I thought it would. I got the main part of the collage done on Friday night. Then on Saturday morning I found a great frame at a thrift store for only $5.00 but it wasn’t exactly the right color or size. So I spent Saturday afternoon working on the frame and expanding the collage a bit. His birthday isn’t until tomorrow but we had his party last night and I wanted to be able to give him this at the party.

I printed these old mining pictures off on matte photo paper and aged them by tearing them and using distress inks (scattered straw, vintage photo & walnut stain). I colored the larger picture of the miner panning for gold with my prisma markers. Although it is hard to see in the picture I also glued some craft sand and used some gold leaf foil in his gold pan. I also put the gold leaf foil in 3 of the other gold pans. I sanded the frame but did not remove all the navy blue paint from it. I then used a vintage photo ink and another bottle of ink spray to stain the frame. I also added bits of gold to the frame. The small metal frame at the bottom is from a Tim Holtz set. I will post the rest of the details later.


So I guess this is project #3 of #30

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time, happy crafting everyone!

Dee

No comments: