Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ok so I went shopping again!!!

I couldn't help it, I watched some more Tim Holtz videos and had to try some of techniques he has on there.  Another problem is working in a paper craft store.  I tell the owner what I like and she orders it.  So...I have to buy it right??  I'm sure that's the way it works LOL.  So this week at Scrap Arts we got in Inkessentials glossy paper, perfect pearls, smooch spray, tattered florals dies.  I therefore had to buy them.  I've been trying to get my hands on the glossy paper for awhile now and had to try my alcohol inks on it.  This led to another problem, I only own 3 colors of alcohol ink what a dilemma.  Off to Scrap Arts to buy some more.  So now I have a few more colors I'm sure to be able to come up with something fantastic,  I hope!!!

I did however come up with a new card last night.  I know I had hoped to do more but I was just so tired.  I played with the alcohol inks and made a piece for another card but I didn't get it finished.  Anyway here is the card I made last night.  The pirate girl image is from Bombshell, the background map is by Local King and the greeting is by Jillibean. The map was stamped on french vanilla cardstock with rich cocoa ink by momento,  I crumpled it up a bit and distressed it with distress inks antique linen, vintage photo and walnut stain.  The layer of cardstock under the map is also french vanilla edged with brilliance gold ink and walnut stain.  I stamped the pirate girl image on white and colored with my prisma markers (dress = driftwood, light mocha, dark mocha - belt = sepia & cocoa bean - skin = pale peach & light peach).  I then cut her out and attached her with 3d dots.  The chipboard frame around the greeting was white so i inked it up the the vintage photo and walnut stain inks and then added some perfect pearls gold to it.  It shows up a little bit in the photo.  So I guess I better add that this is #5 of 30.  Did I mention that I tend to procrastinate!!!

Oh...just in case you think Kit has been neglecting her duties as my assistant, here is a picture of her lending me a paw the other night.  I had buttons and flowers all over my desk but, it was a cork lid (you can see it on the desk beside the roll of white tape) that she ultimately ran off with.  She left it in the middle of the living room LOL.

Well that's all for now, I have to go prep for the class I'm teaching tomorrow.  Until next time, happy crafting and thanks for stopping by.

Dee

1 comment:

Mary G. said...

Great way to rock the Bombshells! That Pirate Girl was my first-ever Bombshell and I still love her! I LOVE your coloring!!! Fabulous job!!!