Monday, October 4, 2010

Birthdays are Fun!!!

My birthday was a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t get a chance to post because of how busy I was during my vacation . My husband spoiled me as usual a new jacket, a spa gift certificate, dinner at my favorite Greek restaurant but the biggest surprise this year was this painting.
He had it painted for me by local artist Jaime Gervais. For those of you not familiar with the TV Show True Blood, it is of my favorite characters from that show Sookie & Eric. I had no idea he was having this done for me. I have the best husband in the world. He manages to surprise me with something totally unexpected but absolutely perfect every Birthday and Christmas.


I was supposed to have something else to post tonight as well but our staff crop became a bit of a birthday party for me as well and I didn’t get as much accomplished as I wanted. I do want to send a huge Thank You out Shelley, Naomi, Kelly, Marie & Brenda for all the lovely presents they gave me. I have the best friends!!! We had so much fun Friday night.


I’m off to prep my class that I’m teaching tomorrow night but I hope to have more to post on Wednesday. I’ve also been trying to come up with a new challenge for myself. Until next time, happy crafting and thanks for stopping by.



Deanna

1 comment:

Mocha-Latte Crafts said...

Hi Dee,
Happy Belated Birthday to you! It sounds like you had a super birthday. It's a beautiful painting. Cheers, Tanya R.