Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween/Samhain!!!!!

Just a quick post to wish everyone a very safe & Happy Halloween/ Samhain.  This is one of my favorite times of year.  I love the fall season, the colors, the crisp air, Thanksgiving and Halloween/Samhain.

 Samhain means roughly "summer's end", it is the final harvest and is said to be the Celtic New Year.  The night when  the veil between this world and the spirit world is said to be the thinnest,  allowing the spirits of the departed to return and mingle with the living. 

I usually find this is the time of year when I like to start new projects for the winter (which makes sense if you look at it from a New Year point of view).  I spend more time at home and usually this is when I start baking and redecorating my house (you know, moving furniture, changing the curtains, painting etc)

I got a chance to walk through one of the community gardens yesterday that was decorated for Halloween.  I had my camera with me so I took a bunch of pictures.  This is one of them and I had some fun with it in photoshop.  I'm still learning how to use this program but I'm making progress (I think, LOL)

I do have a couple more class samples to post and hope to be able to do that tomorrow.
Until then, happy crafting & thanks for stopping by.
Dee
 

No comments: