Friday, January 7, 2011

Cricut & Big Shot Class

I will also be teaching a Cricut & Big Shot 101 class in January & February.  We will go over the basics of both machines and make 4 projects.  I will be posting class dates on my class schedule page today.  Here are 2 of the projects we will be making in that class.  I will post a group photo of all 4 projects in a couple of days.  I will put it on the class schedule page.

The first project is a cute little gift box.  I found the instructions for the box part on Splitcoast Stampers (click link for instructions).  I don't have the top note die that they used in the tutorial.  I decided to change it up a bit (I was never very good at following instructions exactly...lol).  I used the labels one spellbinders and petite ovals for mine.  I also decide to put the ribbon around the box part.  You'll see the difference if you look at the tutorial from Splitcoast.  The papers I used are bazzill card stock french vanilla and parakeet.  The stamps are from flourishes. I really have to learn to slow down and take better pictures, these are not the greatest.
I promise the ribbon isn't actually as crooked as it looks in the picture on this next card.  The patterned paper for this card is from the curio line by basic grey.  The rectangles and ovals are cut on the cricut and the pieces on either side of the ovals are cut out using the spellbinders shapeabilities pendants in spades.
Well I guess I better get that class schedule posted soon.  Don't forget you can look at all the classes being offered at Scrap Arts here

Thanks for visiting my blog!
Dee

No comments: