Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Trying out a new look...

So I have been busy cleaning and putting away all the Christmas decorations and decided I needed to change my blog too.  I'm trying  this new background for now but, I'm sure I'll change it again soon. 

Here are the final 2 samples from my Every Occasion card class.

The stamps for both samples are by Flourishes (Gerber Daisies & Tag Lines).  The pictures are not the greatest, I was in a hurry to get the samples to Scrap Arts.  For the first card I used the Gerber daisy stamp and black memento ink. After I stamped the image I cut it out using petite ovals from spellbinders.  I painted the image using twinkling H2O's and watercolor pencils.  The background paper is embossed using the Tim Holtz brick wall embossing folder.  The detail on this embossing folder is amazing (the picture really doesn't do it justice).  The paper is Bo Bunny Peacock Lane Bleu.  The ovals and circle are popped up with 3d dots.
The next card is an easel card, I love this style.  Again I used the black memento ink to stamp image and verse. The smaller butterfly over the inside verse was stamped using peeled paint distress ink.  The patterned paper is the reverse side of the paper I used in the first card.  I colored the image with watercolor pencils (naples yellow, sky blue, primrose & may green). I used the cuttlebug embossing folder stylized flowers for the background on the top panel.  I also colored plain bling with a chartreuse prisma color marker for the butterfly wing on the bottom panel.


Well, I better get back to work.  I still have a few more class samples to finish this week.  Thanks for visiting my blog.

Dee

No comments: