Friday, May 13, 2011

The Post that Disappeared!

OK....I published a post the other day and I know it went up and people even commented on it but now it seems to have vanished!!! I really don't know why, I know blogger was having problems so it seems to have poofed.  So now I will post this again and hope it stays put this time.

Class Inspiration

The last 3 weeks have been crazy, hectic & not at all what I had planned.  I haven't had much of time to spend in my studio & when I do get in there I can't concentrate.  I decided to take a class at Scrap Arts last Saturday to see if I could get inspired.  I took a watercolor technique class taught by the very talented Marie Kirkwood.  For details on this technique check out this post on her blog.  The class was great fun and very informative.  I decided I wanted to use these cards for Mother's Day cards so I put assembled them at home.

The painting is done using dye re-inkers, aqua brush and a water misting bottle (to spray your paper with).  The best part is that no 2 flowers turn out the same.


You can see the original samples on her blog and I put the first 2 cards together the way she had designed them with the exception of the greetings. 


I changed the third card up a bit and stamped a design on the card base with a basic grey stamp and crushed olive distress ink. I added some black card stock to mat the embossed piece and the greeting.  I also used a different flower for the card.  I haven't put the tag together yet, but I will post a pic as soon as I get it finished.
Thanks for stopping by!
Dee

No comments: