Friday, January 13, 2012

Love

Well, if you have been following my blog you know I am trying to use up some of my patterned paper.  I have have way too much 12" x 12" paper.  So as a challenge to myself I decided back in November that I have to update my blog twice a week with 1 new project for each post, that uses some patterned paper.  Well I have managed to do that since then and am going to keep doing so...hopefully until the end of February.  March is a crazy month for me and I might not be able to post as much then.  Anyhow I have managed to cut way back on  buying 12"x12" patterned paper but, I have a new "love" and it is the 6"x6" patterned paper pads. I love that you get the whole line in the pack and that the pattern is condensed to a smaller size perfect for cards also they don't take up as much room.  Since I am making mostly cards and not scrap booking as much these days I figured this would be a great solution.

So for this Valentine's card I used paper from the bittersweet 6x6paper pad by basic grey.  I used 3 different patterned papers for this card.  The love and xoxo stamp are from the Autumn Leaves 'love with a flourish' stamp set.  The flourish stamp around the card is from the basic grey 'flourish corners' and stamped with memento rich cocoa ink.  I distressed the edges of the paper and inked it with walnut stain distress ink.  The circle was cut out on the cricut and popped up on 3d dots.  The rhinestones are from kaiser craft.

Well I'll be back tomorrow with another project.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great week end!!!

Dee

No comments: