Friday, May 11, 2012

Making Progress!

I haven't had as much time in my studio this week as I had hoped but I did get some stuff accomplished.  I got a good start on re organizing my studio.  I had to start with my main work area as it was driving me crazy. 
 Here is what it looked like to start.


I took everything off it completely and started with a clean slate.

I took this picture as I was working on it.

This is the final result.

I’m not sure if it is better but, it can’t be any worse LOL.  Actually I had time to sit at the desk and work on some cards when I was done.  It is much more organized and easier to find what I need.  I now have all my dies and cuttlebug folders close to my big shot all my punches are out where I can see them (which means I might actually use them LOL).  All my inks are in visible and easy to reach.  I will post more on how I store most of my stamps later but I did get a lot them organized.  They are sitting on the shelf next to the big shot.

I decided to make a few Mother’s Day cards using layouts from my “all occasion card class”.  I ordered a bunch of the basic grey picadilly paper from a place on line (I was ordering stamps and they had the paper on sale… I couldn’t resist) but, now I have to put it to good useJ.  Anyhow, here are the two cards I made using the paper.



I really do need to get another Happy Mother's Day stamp LOL!  I'm getting really tired of this one!  Well, it's a little to late to worry about it this year but definitely for next year I need to get some different ones.  I cut the butterflies out on the cricut using the indie art cartridge and the greeting block is from the storybook cartridge.  The image stamps on the greeting blocks are from the basic grey insignia stamp set and I used memento tangelo and dandelion ink.  I embossed the white paper on the top card using craft concepts "venus" embossing folder and the bottom one with craft concepts "weaving blocks folder.  I edged all the pieces using tea leaves versa magic ink and covered the butterflies with diamond stickles.

I guess that's enough for tonight.  I will be back tomorrow with another post... I hope!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Dee

No comments: