Friday, May 18, 2012

More Stamps!!!

So I'll admit that I'm addicted to stamps as well as paper.  I have a large collection (compared to some craft rooms I've seen on line - my collection is not that big) and I keep adding to it.  I do try to really think through each stamp I buy and have a project in mind when I buy it.  Sometimes though I just have to buy them because they are just so cute!!! My biggest challenge now is to use them!!!  I looked through all the stamps I purchased over the last few months and found the companies I have bought the most from.  Then I decided to go to their websites and look for challenges.

Most of my new stamps are by Kraftin Kimmie (10 so far and I have more on order!!!)  There are so many fun  stamps from this company I just keep adding them to every order I get LOL. I think I have almost all the Alice in Wonderland series now (still missing the red queen) and I also have Drucilla, Mr. Punkin Head, Frank n Kitty and Cheeky Monkey ( I can't wait until my next order gets here & I just found out they have a Wizard of Oz collection - Oh My!!! ).  Anyhow I found the challenge on the  Kraftin Kimmie stamps blog and decided to try it.  I just found the blog yesterday and I knew I probably wouldn't get the card finished and posted before the time ran out but, I really wanted to try it anyway.  Since I was using a Alice in Wonderland stamp I decided to check out the challenge on The Altered Alice blog.- this month's challenge - anything goes!!!

This weeks Kraftin Kimmie challenge really was a challenge for me - a single layer card.  I truly don't think I've ever made one. Even my most simple cards usually have at least 2 or 3 layers.  I knew whatever I did I was going to be coloring with my copic markers so I started with the Gina K 120lb base weight white card stock (fabulous paper-copics don't bleed through at all).  I stamped the Alice and greeting (both by kraftin kimmie) with black memento ink and colored it with copic markers (B000, 00, 01, 02 - E000, 00, 01 - R20, 22 - YR21, 24, 31 - N0, 03).  After I was done coloring the image I made a mask for it and then used a variety of stamps and distress inks (chipped sapphire, tumbled glass & broken china) to create the background.  The clocks and gears stamps are from the Sense of Time set by stampin up and the doorknobs, keyholes and keys are from the hardware set by crafty secrets.  Once I removed the mask I added some diamond stickles to Alice's bow and ribbon and used a red star glitter pen for the gem on her necklace.  I also highlighted one key and doorknob with a clear glaze pen (doesn't show up in the picture) and then added a few rhinestones here and there.

Now I'm off to find more challenges for tomorrow and next week.  I'll be back with another post tomorrow night.  Have a great holiday weekend everyone!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!
Dee