Saturday, June 16, 2012

Another Father's Day Card!!

I was having a really hard time getting my Father's Day cards this year.  I had lots of ideas for cards but never had the time to sit down and try most of them.  I did manage to get a couple more made last night (although I'm not too sure if I'm entirely happy with them).  Oh well they got done, that's the main thing LOL.
For this card I had stamped it and started coloring it a while back and lost my list of the colors I used on it.  Most of it was painted using an aqua brush and distress inks (I know I used vintage photo, walnut stain, peeled paint, broken china & chipped sapphire - not sure what else was used though).  The main image stamp is called Lighthouse from Stamps Happen Inc, the greeting is from "a guiding light" stamp set by Flourishes and the seagull and crab stamps are from the seaside stamp set by crafty secrets.  The patterned paper is an old piece that did not have a name on it.  The images I stamped on the patterned paper and the greeting were stamped with chipped sapphire distress ink.  I wanted a little more detail so I added some pewter brads.

I guess that's it for tonight, I do have at least 1 more Father's Day card to post tomorrow (maybe 2 - if I get time to make another tonight or tomorrow).  Have a great night everyone and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.

Dee

No comments: