Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Father's Day Card...

I finally got started on my Father's Day cards.  Of course they'll never get there on time...perhaps I'll have to email them a picture of the cards so they can at least see them on Father's Day!!! (LOL).  Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right???  I will get my other cards finished tomorrow and mail them on Monday but, I really don't think they'll make it across the country in time.  Why do these holidays always seem to sneak up on you from out of nowhere?  Well here is my first card and it is for my Step Dad (actually I also need to make him a birthday card too!  Oh and a birthday card for my nephew as well - June is kind of a crazy month).  OK, I have got to get busy.
For this card I made my own patterned paper using the stamps from "the open sea" stamp set by Stampin' Up. I inked the paper with vintage photo distress ink and then stamped the images with vintage photo and the anchor with walnut stain distress ink.  The greeting (jet black archival ink by Ranger) and ship (black memento ink) are from the "guiding light" stamp set by Flourishes.  I colored the image with copics (E50, 53, 55, 57 - B93, 95, 97) and cut it out with a spellbinders small labels die.  I covered the image with a mask and sponged the sky in with tumbled glass and spun sugar distress ink.  I added some cream soda bakers twine by sew easy and copper brads for a little more detail.  I also did some distressing to the edges of some of the papers.

Well it is getting late and apparently I have a ton of cards to get done tomorrow LOL!!! Have a great Sunday everyone!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and happy crafting!

Dee

No comments: