Saturday, June 30, 2012

Inktense!!!

All my new goodies I ordered last week arrived yesterday so I just had to spend some more time in my craft room tonight.  I got a bunch of new Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, some of the new memento ink colors and a new pentel watercolor brush.  So I decided to put away the copic markers for tonight and play with my inktense watercolor pencils.  I have been wanting to try a project with them for awhile now.  First of all I love my new watercolor brush, it has such a fine tip on it and I can get some great detail with it. I decided to use the Peony Kraftin' Kimmie stamp I got in my last order for this card.  The challenge this week is a white on white card except for the main image.  I wanted to do a really bright image and I thought the Peony stamp would work really well for that.

I also got the chance to use my new Spellbinders M-bossabilities folder "splendid" for this card.  I made a white card base then cut a white layer to emboss.  Then I cut out a white scalloped oval and plain oval with spellbinders petite scalloped and petite ovals large.  I edged everything with a pixie dust chalk ink just to give them a little bit of definition.  I stamped Peony with ranger black archival ink and then colored her with the watercolor pencils.  I then went over the image with the aqua brush to blend all the colors together well.  I also colored over the bow in her hair with a sakura clear stardust pen.

Inktense colors - fuchsia & chilli red for dress
                        - mustard, willow & baked earth for hair
regular watercolors - rose pink & flesh pink for face and body
                              - turquoise green for eyes

I cut the image out and glued her to the middle of the oval and then attach to card with 3d foam dots.  I then added really tiny white pearls to the centers of all the embossed flowers visible.

Well now I have to wait a whole week for the next challenge LOL!  I guess I'll have to go find some other challenges to do later this week.  I am happy I did manage to get my three posts up for this week, that makes up for only one last week.

Have a very Happy Canada Day everyone!!!! I hope the weather is better tomorrow so everyone can get out and enjoy the festivities.  I'll be back in a couple of days with another post. Thanks for stopping by my blog and until next time happy crafting everyone!!!

Dee

2 comments:

Nana Diana said...

Deanna, your card is gorgeous!! I love your use of Peony, isn't that a great stamp? Wonderful job and thanks so much for playing along with Kraftin' Kimmie!! Good luck!!

Cheryl Valadez said...

What a wonderful card! White on white cards can be so challenging, but you made it look easy with all of that lush texture and great coloring. Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! Hugz, Cheryl