Saturday, June 30, 2012

It Must Be Music!!!

I did get a chance to get in my craft room this evening and decided to do another challenge for some inspiration.  Though it is technically Saturday, I'm still counting this as a post for Friday.  I actually started the post before midnight, I just didn't get it finished until after LOL!!!

So this weeks challenge over at Kenny K's Krafty Girls blog is "it must be music",  a song inspired project.  That was a tough one with the stamps I have and my serious case of crafter's block. I have a few digi stamps from Kenny K and I have some nice rubber ones as well.  I decided to use the Racy Roxie digi stamp, she reminds me of the song "Born to be Wild".  After all the first two lines are "get your motor runnin', get out on the highway" how appropriate for Racy Roxie!!!!

I colored her with copic markers (E0000, 000, 00, 01, 21, 25, 27 - R22, 24, 27 - YR02 - N1, 3, 5 & 7).  I also used memento bahama blue and lady bug markers (for her eyes and lips) and a sakura clear stardust pen on her sun glasses.  I stamped some random music notes around the image with a stamp from inkadinkado and tattered rose distress ink.  I edged the papers with red brick and black versa magic ink and added a few pearls as accents.  The patterned paper which has music notes all over it is and old paper from creative imaginations by Marah Johnson.

I'll be back, well I guess technically much later today with another post and project.  Maybe something for Canada Day, Eh? I'm can't wait to go to the fireworks and parties on Sunday.  Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Dee

No comments: