Friday, June 22, 2012

A Little Late....

...with this post, no surprise there LOL !!!! Here is another one of the Father's Day cards I made last week.  I just haven't had time to post it.  This has been another crazy & hectic week.  I walked in my studio last night and realized you can't actually see my desk under all the chaos.  So I really need to get in there and clean up before I am able to make anything else.  So I might only have time for one post this week.  If so, I will make up for it next week with 3 posts.

Anyhow here are the details for this card.  The image stamp is from the stampin' up set "backwoods" (rich cocoa memento ink)and the greeting is from "a guiding light" stamp set by flourishes (walnut stain distress ink).  I cut out image and several mats using spellbinders large and small labels.  I colored the image with derwent watercolor pencils and inktense pencils (inktense colors - willow and apple green the reg wc pencils are olive green, sepia, flesh pink & turquoise green).  I didn't blend them out with water I wanted a very soft muted look.  The patterned paper is from the Simple Stories Generations 6x6 paper pad.  I'm not sure where the ribbon is from, I bought a couple yards online and I can't remember where.  I edged everything with jumbo java versa magic ink and added a few chocolate brown brads for a little more detail.  I also used 3d foam dots to adhere the image portion to the card.
I really hope I have a chance for a post tomorrow but if not, I will have 3 next week.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Dee

No comments: