Saturday, June 2, 2012

So Sweet!

I just love this new stamp I ordered a couple of weeks ago.  It is called Uptown Girl Claudia has a Candy from Stamping Bella.  I'm trying to ink up and use all my new stamps.  I was going to color her dress but I picked out the patterned paper first (shocking right!!!) I usually color first and then try to match the paper LOL.  Anyhow, I picked the paper first and then decided it was so cute I would paper piece the dress.

The paper is from the Crate Paper Blue Hill collection and this particular design is called rain. I cut one edge with an EK success scalloped border punch to kind of match the edge of her dress.  The paper is a double sided paper so I cut another piece and edged it with versa magic pixie dust chalk ink and layered it underneath to make the edge show up more. I edged the white paper with key lime versa magic ink.  I colored the rest of the image with copic markers (E0000, 00, 01, 25, 33, 35, 37 - R00, 02 - YG21, 23 - W1, 2).  I colored over parts of her dress with the W1 & 2 so it would blend in better.  The greeting stamp is from the Amy R It's Your Birthday set by CC Designs.  I stamped it with Ranger black archival ink and added some diamond stickles to the birthday, lollipop and hair bows.  It looks a little funny in the picture because I took the picture before it was dry.  I used 3d foam dots to attach the greeting and then used some champagne rhinestones from Kaiser craft for a little more bling!!!

I hope to be back in a couple of days with another project, I have to make a birthday card for a party tomorrow night so maybe I'll get a chance to post it by Monday.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great Sunday everyone.

Dee

1 comment:

Darla said...

Another cute card Dee. Like the paper piecing. I always find it so much easier to colour coordinate if I choose the papers first but sometimes ya just wanna colour.