Saturday, July 7, 2012

Go, Go Gadget Girl!!!

Well I'm back with my second post for this week.  I know I'm posting them both on the same day but, I really didn't have time earlier this week.  Here is the card I made tonight with of my new Kraftin' Kimmie stamps I got a few weeks ago.  Gadget Girl is one of my favorites - as soon as I saw this stamp I knew I had to have it.  I'm getting quite a collection of Kraftin' Kimmie stamps now (20 or so....ssshhh! don't tell my hubby LOL!). The challenge this week is to use your favorite stamp but, with so many cute stamps how can you choose?  My biggest problem is that I usually buy all my favorite stamps (and there are still lots more on my wish list LOL) and so, I love them all. Anyhow, I wanted to try something different with this card, some crazy bright patterns, colors & shapes.  This is way out of my comfort zone and I'm not sure about the card but I had fun with it.

I stamped the image and greetings with black memento ink and colored the image with copic markers (I will update color list tomorrow - I don't have the list in front of me ATM).  I paper pieced the foot stool with red patterned paper (all the patterned paper for this card is from the Basic Grey "Shine On" 6x6 paper pad) and then shaded it with copic markers N1 & N3, so that it blends into the picture better. I edged the image piece and the patterned papers with red magic versa magic chalk ink.  I colored the buttons and the pearls with copic markers YG25, BG75 & YR23.  The pearls kind of get lost in the picture but they show up really well on the card in person.  


Well it's late and I need to get some sleep so that's it for tonight.  I hope everyone has a great week.  I"ll add the copic list tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by and until next time happy crafting everyone!


Dee

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Great card! Love the image and the phrases! Such great coloring!