Friday, July 20, 2012

Hooray for Rain!!!


I love nice sunny days …. But, every so often we do need some rain.  Especially the gardens, also I tend to wilt with too much warm weather.  So I was quite pleased to see the rain today.  It was actually cool enough to spend some time in my craft room.  Here is the card I made today.

This little robot is a stamp from an old Sandylion set I have (I don't know the name of the set).  I stamped him with black memento ink and colored him with copics (N), N1, N3, BG70, BG72, YG25, Y38, B24 & B29).  You can't see it in the photo but I also used a clear glaze pen to accent some of the buttons and bolts on him.  The patterned paper is from the 6x6 boys only paper pad by doodlebug designs.  I cut the image and mat out with spellbinders large & small labels.  The greeting stamp (Amy R's "it's your birthday" set by CC designs) is stamped with Ranger archival ink and popped up with 3d foam dots.  I added a few brads to match the colors in the paper for a little extra detail. I edged the patterned papers and image with versa magic night sky chalk ink.

I am still suffering from a little crafter’s block so next week I am taking a class at Scrap Arts.  I figure it is a good way to get something done and learn some new tips and tricks.   I always seem find my crafting mojo after I take a class.  I promise to post pics of what I make in the class.
 
I’ll be back tomorrow night with another post.  Thanks for stopping by.
Dee

No comments: